2 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari
2 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari – Overview
2 Days Rwanda Uganda gorillas Safari is the briefest safari that you can ever have covering Rwanda and Uganda. The encounter commences and ends in Kigali.
However, it involves early transfers on the first day and late arrival on the second day. Encountering mountain gorillas of Volcanoes National Park Rwanda and those of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Uganda in their varied habitats is very rewarding.
The experience is different as the terrain differs in these two regions. It is a short gorilla safari and very affordable thus worth undertaking.
2 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari – Highlights
- Day 1: Do gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park & transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Uganda)
- Day 2: Do Gorilla trekking in Bwindi & transfer back to Kigali.
Day 1: Transfer From Kigali To Do Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park & Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Uganda)
You will wake up as early as possible so as to depart by 04:30am for 116km journey about 3 hours’ drive to Volcanoes National Park – the haven for gorilla trekking.
You will pass through the Rwanda’s hilly landscapes when it is still in dark though you won’t be surprised to meet the locals along the road also going early going to their respective daily routines – as it is believed that an early bird catches the worm.
By 8:00am, you are already at the park headquarters –Kinigi for briefing and eventual gorilla trekking experience.
However, to avoid this hast transfer, you decide to spend an overnight in Ruhengeri so as to connect easily in the following morning.
You will then head to the mist in quest of these magnificent close to human species – mountain gorillas which are critically endangered.
The gorilla trekking encounter is quite interesting as you hike through the jungle – the real verdant lush of Africa full of shrubs, dense undergrowth and trees which have combined to ensure the survival of these mountain gorillas for centuries past.
Your ranger guide will be more than willing to interpret any geographical phenomena and any component of the Eco system that you will be traversing through on your 2 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla safari.
It is such magical encounter that you have never had before when you come across the preciously sought great African apes as they gather as much foliage as they can to fill their bag-like stomachs with their young ones rolling on tree short tree branches and playing around with their mothers plus the frightening and yet rewarding sight of the silverback that stands out of the crowd.
You will have one hour with them where you will take photos and ask questions. Trek back to the center from this 2 – 8 hour activity before embarking on your return transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Rushaga) 93km for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Chameleon Hill Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Valley Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Wagtail Eco safari Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 2: Do Gorilla trekking in Bwindi & Transfer Back to Kigali.
Wake up very early to take breakfast before gathering for briefing and eventual gorilla trekking at the Park Headquarters in Rushaga.
After short briefing, you will set off to the Impenetrable forest of Bwindi, very thick and sometimes hard to penetrate as its name suggest.
Trekking gorillas in Bwindi- Uganda is quite challenging as it involves rugged terrain shaped by valleys and steep slopes.
The jungle is very lively with rich forest sounds. It ranges between 2 – 8 hours’ to undertake the gorilla trekking activity.
You have one hour encounter with gorillas which will lure you into irreversible excitement of gazing at these great apes as they imitate what you do, young ones playing on ground and in tree branches, the sight of the giant silverback and the way they feed all combine to exhaust the capacity of your camera film. You will return from the activity and embark on the 169km transfer to Kigali city.
End of The 2 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)