5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour
Overview of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari
5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla trekking Safari commences and ends in Kigali. The 5 Days safari tour involves trekking gorillas in Rwanda’s Volcanoes National Park, cultural encounters at Iby’iwachu cultural village, nature walks to the twin lakes, wildlife viewing in the savannah plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park and amazing launch cruise on the 45km long Kazinga Channel which connects Lakes George and Edward. The 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari is a blend of culture, gorillas, scenery and wildlife which makes it rewarding once undertaken.
Safari highlights; 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari
- Day 1 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Do gorilla trekking
- Day 3 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Day 4 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Do morning game drive & afternoon Kazinga Channel Launch cruise
- Day 5 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Transfer back to Kigali city.
A Detailed Itinerary of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari Tour
Day 1 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Before embarking on this 3 days Gorilla Safari in Rwanda and Uganda, you will have first have an early breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali after which you will transfer with the help of our guide to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 3 hours’ drive. You will arrive early for Lunch and simple relaxation. In the afternoon, you will embark on the nature walk to the awesome twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera amidst magical bird sights and amazing scenery.
Accommodation: Mount Gorilla View Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), La Palme Hotel (Midrange/standard) or Muhabura Hotel (Budget/basic).
Day 2 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Do gorilla trekking
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Kinigi Park Headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This gives highlights about the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. Your one hour with gorillas is done and return to the lodge for relaxation. You will embark on a cultural tour to the Iby’iwachu cultural village to explore into the Kinyarwanda culture in the evening.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 3 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Uganda – Queen Elizabeth National Park 411km about 7 hours’ drive. You will drive through the scenic landscapes of the Virunga Volcanoes and the forested hills of Bwindi before approaching the savannah landscapes of Queen Elizabeth National Park. The Southern Ishasha sector offers impressive sights of tree climbing lions and if lucky you can spot some lying on a fig tree branch. Have a simple game drive as you proceed to your lodge for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Mweya Safari Lodge (Luxury/Upmarket), Enganzi Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Pumba Safari Cottages (Budget/Basic).
Day 4 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Do morning game drive & afternoon Kazinga Channel Launch cruise
Depart at 06:00am to encounter the rewarding Queen Elizabeth National Park game drive through the Kasenyi tracks. This early departure gives you possibilities of seeing the early risers and the night hunters retreating to their hiding places including the rare leopard, side stripped jackal, hyena, and owls among others. The morning game drive will also give you a possibility to see herds of elephants, buffalos, pride of lions, warthogs and a range of antelopes. You will retire from the 3 – 4 hours game drive and embark to the lodge for relaxation and lunch. In the afternoon, embark on the transfer to Mweya for Kazinga channel launch cruise that starts at 3pm lasting for two hours. You have opportunities of spotting hippos, Nile crocodiles, birds on the water shore and counts of wildlife like elephants and buffaloes drinking on the channel side. Retire for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: You will have dinner and overnight at your previous lodge
Day 5 of the 5 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari: Transfer back to Kigali city.
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Kigali city 399km about 8 hours’ drive. You will have lunch en route and arrive in Kigali in the evening.
End of Safari.
Your Safari route
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Travel by Air
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Gx
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Extended for Hire:
4×4 Safari Van for Hire
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162, Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380 – Email; email@example.com Or info@firstname.lastname@example.org
The 18 Days Uganda Comprehensive Safari is an all round encounter of Uganda offering any Uganda Safari undertaker a complete experience of the Pearl of Africa. Read More
The 6 Days Uganda Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Wildlife Safari is a diverse safari package that allows you explore the two of the world’s giant apes and the Big four of the Big five Land Animals in their natural habitats. Read More