4 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari, Wildlife Safari & Chimpanzee Tour
4 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari, Wildlife Safari & Chimpanzee Tour – Overview
The 4 Days Uganda Gorilla, Wildlife & Chimpanzee Safari is one of the short Uganda safaris that allows you to encounter the mountain gorillas which globally critically endangered, the common chimpanzees which are man’s closest relatives and the abundant wild game in the Savannah plains of Queen Elizabeth National Park including lions, leopard, buffaloes, elephants and antelopes not forgetting Nile crocodiles and Hippos along the Kazinga Channel.
4 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari, Wildlife Safari & Chimpanzee Tour – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park & do an afternoon boat cruise & evening game drive
- Day 2: Do morning Chimpanzee trekking in Kyambura Gorge & transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 3: Do Gorilla trekking & transfer to Lake Bunyonyi for an evening boat cruise & relaxation
- Day 4: Transfer back to Kampala. Lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center & another stop at Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe
4 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari, Wildlife Safari & Chimpanzee Tour – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Do An Afternoon Boat Cruise & Evening Game Drive
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park 417km about 7 hours’ drive from Kampala.
The drive will take you through impressive Uganda’s country side landscapes including the traditional range lands of Ankole and the scenic Bunyaruguru crater field.
You arrive in time for lunch in Queen Elizabeth National Park after which you will gather at Mweya for a thrilling boat cruise on the 45km long Kazinga Channel with the impressive views of aquatic wildlife like Nile Crocodiles, Hippos, birds and a range of other wild game like elephants, buffaloes & antelopes drinking on the channel side.
The boat takes 2 hours and stretches to the shores of Lake Edward overlooking the Congo boarder.
Retreat from the activity, do a game drive along the channel track and extend a little to the Savannah plains of Kasenyi as time may allow before heading to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Mweya Safari Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Enganzi Game Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Pumba Safari Lodge (Budget/Basic).
Day 2: Do Morning Chimpanzee Trekking in Kyambura Gorge & Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Kyambura gorge to catch up with the chimpanzee trekking in the morning at 8am.
The encounter in Kyambura takes about 2 – 5 hours trekking the gorge with its steep slopes and verdant vegetation cover that inhabits it. The views of the flowing river on the gorge floor are also rewarding.
The Chimpanzee trek is very interesting as you see them roll themselves on tree branches, make pant hooting calls and socialize.
Retreat from the activity and embark on the transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park arriving in the evening for relaxation dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Chameleon Hill Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Mist Camp (Midrange/Standard) or Broadbill Forest Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 3: Do Gorilla Trekking & Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi For An Evening Boat Cruise & Relaxation
Wake up for a cup of coffee before embarking on an early game drive through the Narus and Kidepo valleys to gain stunning views of not only fauna but also amazing scenic views of this semi-arid wilderness.
On this game drive, you may see lions, giraffe, buffaloes, zebra, elusive leopard, cheetah, and Antelope species while the stretch to Kidepo valley exposes you to Ostrich that only thrive in this park in Uganda.
Return to the lodge for relaxation and lunch after which you will visit the Karamojong communities in the afternoon.
The traditional Manyattas have unique architecture while the general setting of their homesteads rotates around their pastoral occupation. Retreat to the lodge for overnight.
Accommodation: Birdnest @Lake Bunyonyi Resort (Upmarket/Luxury), Lake Bunyonyi Eco-resort (Midrange/Standard) or Byoona Amagara Island Retreat (Budget/Basic).
Day 4: Transfer Back to Kampala. Lunch Stop at Igongo Cultural Center & Another Stop at Uganda Equator Crossing Kayabwe
After a relaxed breakfast, embark on the transfer to Kampala. You will drive through impressive landscapes of south western Uganda before arriving in Mbarara the largest town in the Sub region.
You will make a traditional lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center 12km past Mbarara and another stop at the Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe for amazing photo shoots and water experiments.
Proceed for 77km to arrive in Kampala in the evening marking the end of the safari.
End of The 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari, Wildlife Safari & Chimpanzee Tour
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)