4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Lake Mburo Park
4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Lake Mburo Park – Overview
The 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari to Queen Elizabeth and Lake Mburo National Park is a typical wildlife encounter offers you an opportunity to explore these two destinations with their magical components.
Queen Elizabeth National Park features the Big four of the Big five wildlife species namely the Lions, the leopards, Buffaloes and Elephants.
This is in addition of other species like deffasa waterbucks, the Uganda Kob, Spotted Hyenas, Jackals along with the aquatics of Kazinga Channel like the Nile crocodiles and Hippos.
Lake Mburo National Park is a home of counts of Burchell’s Zebra, Impala, Elands, and Rothschild Giraffes among other species. It is a magical Uganda wildlife safari encounter worth exploring.
4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Lake Mburo Park – Highlights
- Day 1: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park. Stop at Uganda Equator for amazing photo shoots and water experiments & traditional lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center en route and do an evening game drive on arrival
- Day 2: Do game drive in the morning in the Kasenyi Plains, Kazinga Channel launch trip in the afternoon & evening game drive in the crater field
- Day 3: Drive to Lake Mburo National Park. Undertake an active hike to Rwenjeru Hill to tour the 1520 AD Eclipse monument, explore the Erijukiro Museum & lunch at Igongo Cultural Center en route & do an evening boat trip on Lake Mburo
- Day 4: Do a game walking safari in Lake Mburo National Park and transfer back to Kampala
4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Lake Mburo Park – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park
After breakfast, embark on the drive to Queen Elizabeth National Park 417km about 7 hours drive. You will drive out of Kampala towards the south west after which you will make a stop at the equator crossing Kayabwe 77km from Kampala for photo shooting and water experiments featuring the geographical separation between the north and southern hemispheres.
Continue on the journey through the farmed hill sides and the range lands of Ankole before making a lunch stop at Igongo cultural center 12km to Mbarara town.
After lunch, continue on the drive to Queen Elizabeth and upon arrival, you undertake an evening game drive in the savannah landscapes of Queen Elizabeth NP with possibilities of exploring the Savannah game including the Elephants, Buffaloes, Cats like leopards among other species before retiring for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Accommodation: Upmarket / Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge / Kyambura Game Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Enganzi Game Lodge / Marafiki Safari Lodge, Budget / Basic: Pumba Safari Cottages
Day 2: Do Game Drive in The Morning in The Kasenyi Plains, Kazinga Channel Launch Trip in The Afternoon & Evening Game Drive in The Crater Field
Wake up for an early morning 3 – 4 hour game drive though the Kasenyi tracks where you will have chances of viewing a range of wildlife.
Some of these include; lions, elephants, Buffaloes, Antelopes, jackals, among others. You will marvel at them as they gather what to put in their stomachs and others taking a rest.
The Savannah landscape in which they thrive is an attraction in its self. Return to the lodge for relaxation till lunch time after which you will gather at Mweya for a launch cruise on Kazinga channel at 2:00pm.
The 2 hour launch cruise takes you through the offers of the 45m long Kazinga channel including impressive views of the Nile crocodiles, Hippos, abundant bird life and a range of wild game quenching their thirst along the channel waters.
From the boat, you drive in the crater area exploring the magical scenery of the explosion craters including the Katwe Salt Lake, Lake Nyamunuka among others with the views of Lake Edward and Lake George before connecting to the lodge relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Upmarket / Luxury: Mweya Safari Lodge / Kyambura Game Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Enganzi Game Lodge / Marafiki Safari Lodge, Budget / Basic: Pumba Safari Cottages, Wild Camping
Day 3: Drive to Lake Mburo National Park.
Following breakfast at the lodge, you embark on the transfer to L. Mburo NP 180km about 3 hours’ drive. The drive takes you through the impressive landscapes of Bunyaruguru crater field and the verdant forest of Kalinzu before approaching Mbarara and Igongo Cultural Center.
You embark on the hike to the Rwenjeru hill which is a historical hill in region with a monument on top of it commemorating the 1520AD total Eclipse monument.
The site also marks the great event in the history of the Banyankole people where they repossessed the cows after they were abandoned by the King of Bunyoro who was from a raid in Rwanda and had reached Biharwe by the time of the Eclipse.
It’s an amazing history and adventure hike worth undertaking. You settle for a thrilling traditional lunch at Igongo Cultural Center where you can also tour the museum to explore the culture and heritage of the tribes of south western Uganda after which you transfer to Lake Mburo National Park for an afternoon boat cruise which allows you to explore the range of species including the Nile crocodiles and Hippos. The birds like African fin foot can luckily be encountered. Retire for relaxation, dinner and overnight.
Accommodation: Up market / Luxury: Mihingo Safari Lodge, Midrange / Standard: Arcadia Cottages Mburo
Budget / Basic: Eagles Nest, Wild Camping
Day 4 : Do a Game Walking Safari in Lake Mburo National Park And Transfer Back to Kampala
After breakfast, embark on the game walking safari commencing at Rwonyo Tourism Center at 7am. You are accompanied by an armed ranger guide who will give you a themed interpretation of the verdant flora and fauna that would cross your eyes.
Exploring the range of wild game including the Rothschild giraffes, the Deffassa water bucks, populations of Burchells Zebra, the Impala antelope among other species on foot would be amazing.
The walk in the Savannah as you see the sun rising over it is another memorable experience. Retreat from the 2 hour experience and embark on the transfer to Kampala.
A Stop at Uganda Equator crossing Kayabwe for amazing photo shoots & water experiments that justify the geographical divide between the north and southern hemisphere would be amazing to encounter.
You can also secure a souvenir to take home from the craft shops at the site.
End of The 4 Days Uganda Wildlife Safari Tour to Queen Elizabeth National Park & Lake Mburo Park
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)