4 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari
4 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari – Overview
4 Days Gorilla Trekking in Rwanda and Uganda involves gorilla trekking encounters in both Rwanda and Uganda.
The critically endangered mountain gorillas only thrive in Virunga massif where volcanoes National Park is found and in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park – Uganda thus encountering them in their natural habitats is very exciting.
The package also involves recreational boat encounter on the lake of a thousand islands – Lake Bunyonyi and amazing scenic views of Kigezi highlands and Rwanda hill sides.
4 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Do gorilla trekking & cross to Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
- Day 3: Do gorilla trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
- Day 4: Do a boat ride on Lake Bunyonyi & transfer to Kigali city.
4 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Before embarking on this 3 days Gorilla Safari in Rwanda and Uganda, you will have first have an early breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali after which you will transfer with the help of our guide to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 3 hours’ drive.
You will arrive early for Lunch and simple relaxation. In the afternoon, you will either embark on the nature walk to the awesome twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera amidst magical bird sights and amazing scenery or you can opt for the Iby’ iwachu cultural village to have a detailed encounter of the Kinyarwanda Culture.
Accommodation: Mount Gorilla View Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), La Palme Hotel (Midrange/standard) or Muhabura Hotel (Budget/basic).
Day 2: Do Gorilla Trekking & Cross to Uganda (Bwindi Impenetrable National Park)
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Kinigi Park Headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers.
This is designed to detail the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours.
You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly.
Your one hour with gorillas is done and it is time for you to trek back to the starting point before embarking on your transfer to Uganda – Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Rushaga) 93km for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Chameleon Hill Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Valley Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Wagtail Eco safari Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 3: Do Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Transfer to Lake Bunyonyi
Wake up very early to take breakfast before gathering for briefing and eventual gorilla trekking at the Park Headquarters in Rushaga.
After short briefing, you will set off to the Impenetrable forest of Bwindi, very thick and sometimes hard to penetrate as its name suggest.
Trekking gorillas in Bwindi- Uganda is quite challenging as it involves rugged terrain shaped by valleys and steep slopes.
The jungle is very lively with rich forest sounds. It ranges between 2 – 8 hours’ to undertake the gorilla trekking activity.
You have one hour encounter with gorillas which will lure you into irreversible excitement of gazing at these great apes as they imitate what you do, young ones playing on ground and in tree branches, the sight of the giant silverback and the way they feed all combine to exhaust the capacity of your camera film. You will return from the activity and embark on the transfer to Lake Bunyonyi for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Bird nest @ Lake Bunyonyi resort (Upmarket/Luxury), Arcadia Cottages (Midrange/Standard) or Byoona Amagara Island Retreat (Budget/Basic).
Day 4: Do a Boat Ride on Lake Bunyonyi & Transfer to Kigali City.
After breakfast, embark on the boat ride on Lake Bunyonyi exploring its 29 islands surrounded by beautiful Kigezi highlands that have been noted as the Switzerland of Africa.
Bird species might not be missed. A visit to the island communities and the Batwa people exposes you to their heritage and traditions thus worth undertaking. Retire from this activity and embark on the transfer to Kigali city.
End Of The 4 Days Rwanda Uganda Gorilla Safari
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)