2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking – Overview
This 2 day gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda starts and comes to an end in Kigali city. This Rwanda gorilla safari takes you to Volcanoes National Park in the north west of Rwanda which is the only mountain gorilla haven in Rwanda adorned with 5 volcanic mountains and verdant vegetation on their slopes. The 2 day gorilla safari in Rwanda also includes the magical gorilla trekking activity which will expose you to the critically endangered mountain gorillas that only exist in greater Virunga area.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking – Highlights
- Day 1: Drive to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Experience the magical gorilla trekking & return to Kigali.
2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Tour – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Drive to Volcanoes National Park
Before embarking on this 2 day gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda, you will have first have an early breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali after which you will transfer with the help of our guide to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 3 hours’ drive. You will arrive early for Lunch and simple relaxation. In the afternoon, you will either embark on the nature walk to the awesome twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera amidst magical bird sights and amazing scenery or you can opt for the Iby’ iwachu cultural village to have a detailed encounter of the Kinyarwanda Culture.
Accommodation: Virunga Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Gorilla Mountain View Lodge (Midrange/standard) or Kinigi Guest House (Budget/basic).
Day 2: Experience The Magical Gorilla Trekking & Return to Kigali.
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Kinigi Park Headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This lasts 30min- 1 hour to detail the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. Your one hour with gorillas is done and it is time for you to trek back to the starting to transfer back to Kigali city.
End of The 2 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)