3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari – Overview
The 3 Day Rwanda gorilla trekking safari is one of the short Rwanda safari packages that are designed to optimize your satisfaction. The encounter with mountain gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park is one of the most sought for holiday activities in Rwanda and Africa in general thus being part of this experience is sowing seeds for your future esteem. The great scenic views en route to this gorilla safari destination will make you remember the worth of the land of a thousand hills. The Kigali city experience is incorporated to generate a sheer sensory over load while on this gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda.
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari – Highlights
- Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Experience the magical gorilla trekking & return to Kigali.
- Day 3: Encounter the city of Kigali.
3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Before embarking on this 3 day Rwanda gorilla trekking safari, you will have first have an early breakfast at your place of stay in Kigali after which you will transfer with the help of our guide to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 3 hours’ drive. You will arrive early for Lunch and simple relaxation. In the afternoon, you will either embark on the nature walk to the awesome twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera amidst magical bird sights and amazing scenery or you can opt for the Iby’ iwachu cultural village to have a detailed encounter of the Kinyarwanda Culture.
Accommodation: Virunga Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Gorilla Mountain View Lodge (Midrange/standard) or Kinigi Guest House (Budget/basic).
Day 2: Experience The Magical Gorilla Trekking & Return to Kigali.
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Kinigi Park Headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This is designed to detail the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. Your one hour with gorillas is done and it is time for you to trek back to the starting to transfer back to Kigali city.
Accommodation: Kigali Serena Hotel (Upmarket/Luxury), Hotel Chez Lando (Midrange/standard) or Murugo Rwanda Hostel (Budget/Basic).
Day 3: Encounter The City of Kigali.
After your breakfast, embark on Kigali city tour as a conclusive activity on your gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda. On this city tour, you have a lot to enjoy ranging from the sorrowful Gisozi Genocide memorial site to the Presidential Palace which belonged to the former president Juvenal Habyarimana where you will also be able to see the remains of the FALCON 50 presidential plane that was brought down on 6th April 1994. You will also encounter the amazing Kigali suburbs including down town Kigali and Hotel des Mille Collines – the site for the Movie Hotel Rwanda. You will have Lunch in town and the evening can be reserved for departure.
End of The 3 Days Rwanda Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)