1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari
1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari – Overview
The 1 day gorilla safari in Rwanda is an amazing excursion to trek gorillas in the Volcanoes National Park – the home of the critically endangered mountain gorillas. Regardless of that, this 1 day gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda exposes you to the magical scenic offerings of the hills of Rwanda dubbed the land of a thousand hills.
1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari Tour – Detailed Itinerary
You will wake up very early from your hotel or any other place of stay in Kigali city (though it is advisable to spend a night closer to the Volcanoes National Park where gorilla trekking takes place) at 4:30am to embark on your 1 day gorilla safari by taking 116km journey about 3 hours’ drive to Volcanoes National Park. Arrive at the park Headquarters in Kinigi to catch up with briefing about the code of gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am from the park warden or a ranger guide which will take 30min-1hour including the allocation of the specific gorilla family to trek. You will then head to the mist in quest of these magnificent close to human species – mountain gorillas which are critically endangered. The gorilla trekking encounter is quite interesting as you hike through the jungle – the real verdant lush of Africa full of shrubs, dense undergrowth and trees which have combined to ensure the survival of these mountain gorillas for centuries past. Your ranger guide will be more than willing to interpret any geographical phenomena and any component of the Eco system that you will be traversing through on your 1 day gorilla safari in Rwanda. It is such magical encounter that you have never had before when you come across the preciously sought great African apes as they gather as much foliage as they can to fill their bag-like stomachs with their young ones rolling on tree short tree branches and playing around with their mothers plus the frightening and yet rewarding sight of the silver-back that stands out of the crowd. You will have one hour with them where you will take photos and ask questions. Trek back to the center from this 2 – 8 hour activity before embarking on your return transfer to Kigali city to mark the end of your 1 day gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda.
End of The 1 Day Rwanda Gorilla Safari
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)