3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo
3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo starts from Kigali Rwanda and features the scenic drive to Gisenyi Lake Kivu for beach relaxation, two (2) days adventure hike to Nyiragongo Volcano – exploring the world’s largest and most violent lava lake and then drive back to Kigali.
Safari Highlights; 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo
- Day 1 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo: Arrive in Rwanda Kigali, drive to Gisenyi Lake Kivu for relaxation
- Day 2 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo: Nyiragongo Volcano climbing Adventure
- Day 3 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo: Descend from Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali
A Detailed Itinerary of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo
Day 1 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo: Arrive in Rwanda Kigali, drive to Gisenyi Lake Kivu for relaxation
Following your flight, you land at Kigali International Airport preferably not after 2pm to allow you drive 358km about 3.5hrs to Gisenyi Lake Kivu. The views of Rwandan hillsides, Virunga Volcanoes and Lake Kivu itself will make your evening worthwhile.
Accommodation: Luxury: Serena Resort Lake Kivu, Midrange: Hotel Paladise Malahide, Meal Plan: Full Board
Day 2 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo: Nyiragongo Volcano climbing Adventure
At 7:30am, you drive to the Congo border at Goma, go through the immigration formalities and meet our Congo representative for the transfer to Kibati Patrol Post where Nyiragongo Volcano hike starts from at 9am. This marks the historical trek to the world’s largest and most violent lava lake. The Nyiragongo trek lasts 4 – 6 hours to reach the summit enjoying the incredible views of the surroundings. The hike is not so strenuous and thus do not require specialised mountaineering equipment. Spend the evening relaxing at the summit waiting to view into the red lave lake after the dark.
Accommodation: Mountain Shelter, Meal Plan: Full Board
Day 3 of the 3 Days Nyiragongo Hiking Trip Congo: Descend from Nyiragongo and transfer to Kigali
Enjoy sun rise moments, photo shoots and breakfast and then descend down the volcano. Of course, the descend is relatively easier than trekking uphill and you are likely to reach the starting point between 11am – 1pm. From there you transfer back to Rwanda and proceed to Kigali to end the trip.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)