2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo
2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo starts from Gisenyi Rwanda and involves an amazing adventure hike to Nyiragongo Volcano – the world’s largest and most violent lava lake. The amazing sightseeing of the lush Congo Jungle and the adjacent volcanic Mountains generates more lasting Congo safari tour experience.
Safari Highlights; 2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo
- Day 1 of the 2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo: Cross the Congo boarder & do Nyiragongo Volcano climbing
- Day 2 of the 2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo: Descend from Nyiragongo and transfer to Gisenyi / Kigali
A Detailed Itinerary of the 2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo
Day 1 of the 2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo: Cross the Congo boarder & do Nyiragongo Volcano climbing
At 7:30am, you drive to the Congo border at Goma, go through the immigration formalities and meet our Congo representative for the transfer to Kibati Patrol Post where Nyiragongo Volcano hike starts from at 9am. This marks the historical trek to the world’s largest and most violent lava lake. The Nyiragongo trek lasts 4 – 6 hours to reach the summit enjoying the incredible views of the surroundings. The hike is not so strenuous and thus do not require specialised mountaineering equipment. Spend the evening relaxing at the summit waiting to view into the red lave lake after the dark.
Accommodation: Mountain Shelter, Meal Plan: Full Board
Day 2 of the 2 Days Nyiragongo Climbing Tour Congo: Descend from Nyiragongo and transfer to Gisenyi / Kigali
Enjoy sun rise moments, photo shoots and breakfast and then descend down the volcano. Descending is somehow easier enjoying the views of the surrounding areas. You arrive at starting point between 11am – 1pm. You then transfer back to Rwanda and proceed to Gisenyi / Kigali to mark the end of the safari.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)