5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari Tour Trip
5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari Tour Trip – Overview
5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari tour trip, 5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari with Mountain Gorillas, Golden Monkey & Nyiragongo Volcano starts from Kigali Rwanda and features a scenic drive to Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable NP, Golden Monkey trekking in Volcanoes NP and Nyiragongo Volcano adventure hike before driving to Kigali.
5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari Tour Trip – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive in Rwanda – Kigali International Airport & transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable NP
- Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable NP & transfer to Rwanda’s Volcanoes NP
- Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking in Volcanoes NP & slope to Gisenyi Lake Kivu for relaxation
- Day 4: Nyiragongo Volcano adventure hike
- Day 5: Descend from Nyiragongo Volcano & drive to Kigali
5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari Tour Trip – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Rwanda – Kigali International Airport & Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable NP
Arrive at Kigali International Airport, meet our representative & transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable NP enjoying the scenic views of Rwandan hillsides and Kigezi Highlands en route.
Accommodation: Midrange: Gorilla Mist Camp, Luxury: Haven Lodge Buhoma
Day 2: Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Bwindi Impenetrable NP & Transfer to Rwanda’s Volcanoes NP
Breakfast at the lodge, gather at the briefing point at 8am for registration and general briefing after you embark on an adventure trek through the rugged landscapes of Bwindi with steep hills and narrow valleys in search of the Mountain Gorillas that are known to be Critically endangered world over.
The gorilla trek lasts 2 – 8 hours depending on how far the allocated gorilla family has moved and actual viewing time is limited to one hour for purposes of conservation.
Enjoy amazing sights of these great Apes, the lush flora and birds. Retire and transfer to Volcanoes National Park enjoying the views of fascinating Kigezi Highlands and the Virunga Volcanoes.
Accommodation: Budget: Muhabura Hotel, Midrange: Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge, Luxury: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Day 3: Golden Monkey Trekking in Volcanoes NP & Slope to Gisenyi Lake Kivu For Relaxation
Engage in an exciting golden Monkey trekking encounter exploring these endangered species known to thrive only in Uganda Rwanda and Democratic of Congo.
The Golden Monkey Trekking starts from Kinigi park headquarters at 7am and lasts for around 4 hours.
You trek to the slopes of Mount Sabyinyo where are known to thrive and enjoy their sights as they forage and play.
Their golden patch on the bark gives them an outstanding look. From the activity, transfer to Gisenyi Lake Kivu 110km about 2 hours’ drive to spend the evening at leisure relaxing by the beach.
Accommodation: Midrange: Hotel Paladis Malahide, Luxury: Serena Resort Lake Kivu
Day 4: Nyiragongo Volcano Adventure Hike
Nyiragongo Volcano is recorded to be the world’s largest and most violent lava lake which at one time erupted and caused serious damage including the half of Goma town.
The trek lasts 5 – 6 hours offering nice views of Virunga Volcanoes, Lake Kivu and later the red lava after the dark.
Accommodation: Mountain Shelter
Day 5: Descend From Nyiragongo Volcano & Drive to Kigali
Early wake up to take sunrise photo-shoots, breakfast before embarking on the descent to the starting point. From there, you will drive to Kigali enjoying the views of Rwandan hillsides.
5 Days Uganda Rwanda Congo Safari Tour Trip
Your Safari Route
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)