4 Days Rwanda Congo Gorilla Safari Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Trip Tour Congo
4 Days Rwanda Congo Gorilla Safari Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Trip Tour Congo – Overview
4 Days Rwanda Congo gorilla safari nyiragongo volcano hiking trip tour Congo starts from Kigali and features the drive to Volcanoes National Park, Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park & evening at Gisenyi Lake Kivu, adventure hike to Nyiragongo Volcano and then drive back to Kigali.
4 Days Rwanda Congo Gorilla Safari Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Trip Tour Congo – Highlights
- Day 1: Arrive in Rwanda & transfer to Volcanoes National Park
- Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park & transfer to Gisenyi Lake Kivu
- Day 3: Cross the Congo boarder & take up adventure hike to Nyiragongo Volcano
- Day 4: Descend from Nyiragongo Volcano & return to Kigali
4 Days Rwanda Congo Gorilla Safari Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Trip Tour Congo – Detailed Itinerary
Day 1: Arrive in Rwanda & Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Arrive in Rwanda – Kigali International Airport, meet our representative and transfer to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 2.5hrs – 3hrs drive enjoying nice views of Rwandan hillsides.
Accommodation: Budget / Basic: Muhabura Hotel, Midrange / Standard: Da Vinci Gorilla Lodge, Luxury / Upmarket: Mountain Gorilla View Lodge
Day 2: Do Mountain Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park & Transfer To Gisenyi Lake Kivu
Gather at Kinigi Park headquarters at 7am for registration and briefing before heading to the forest in search of Mountain Gorillas in their natural habitat.
Volcanoes National Park is the only gorilla habitat in Rwanda and is part of the greater Virunga massif where 604 Mountain Gorillas are known to thrive.
The gorilla trek lasts 2 – 8 hours depending on how the Gorilla family has moved but with 1 hour with the Gorillas.
Enjoy their sights as they forage and socialize. Retreat from the activity and transfer to Gisenyi Lake Kivu for relaxation and beach experience.
Accommodation: Midrange / Standard: Hotel Paladis Malahide, Luxury / Upmarket: Serena Resort Lake Kivu
Day 3: Cross The Congo Boarder & Take Up Adventure Hike to Nyiragongo Volcano
Cross Congo boarder – Goma at 7:30am, go through the immigration and drive to Kibati Patrol post for briefing and the start of the adventure hike.
Nyiragongo Volcano is recorded to be the world’s largest and most violent lava lake which at one time erupted and caused serious damage including the half of Goma town.
The trek lasts 5 – 6 hours offering nice views of Virunga Volcanoes, Lake Kivu and later the red lava after the dark.
Accommodation: Mountain Shelter
Day 4: Descend From Nyiragongo Volcano & Return to Kigali
Early wake up to take sunrise photo-shoots, breakfast before embarking on the descent to the starting point. From there, you will drive to Kigali.
End of The 4 Days Rwanda Congo Gorilla Safari Nyiragongo Volcano Hiking Trip Tour Congo
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)