Why Uganda Safaris are a Must Do?
- Christened the pearl of Africa for the beauty appreciated beyond borders, Uganda is blessed with diversity. The country is naturally blessed with unique natural art ranging from the soaring mountains through the terraced hill tops to the pristine wilderness. Situated in East Africa, Uganda straddles the equator line therefore Uganda safaris are on two hemispheres of the world.
- Uganda as a top safari destination offers unforgettable wildlife interactions, perfect adventure experiences in the cascading fresh waters and sounds so beautiful from the bird species. For either a tourist or traveler, Uganda offers undisputable experiences of what you want to see and what you don’t expect to see.
- Uganda is Africa’s most hospitable nation, though being a multi-lingual nation with 56 different languages! Different ethnic groups reside in Uganda including the Bantu, Nilotics and Nilo Hamites. One of Africa’s smallest ethnic groups, a people called the Ik. The other small tribe in Uganda are the Batwa (pygmies) living in the foothills of Bwindi impenetrable forest. The diversity in cultures offers more than expected opportunities for Uganda cultural safaris.
- Uganda is entirely beautified by a whole 1,060 Confirmed bird species! with 24 Albertine rift endemics and 1 country endemic, the Fox’s weaver. The singing and whistling beautiful feathered birds are savanna, forest, water, intro-Afro migrant and Euro-Asian migrant(palearctic) species. Birds of Uganda form 50% of Africa’s bird species and 11% of the bird species in the world.
- The largest lake in Uganda-Lake Victoria is the world’s largest continental lake. Lake Victoria is still the second world’s largest fresh water lake coming after Lake Superior. This is biggest point with numerous beaches for relaxation, recreation and adventure safaris in Uganda.
- One of the most spectacular bungee jumping platforms in the world is on the Nile River. No passionate adventure seeker would wish to miss a chance to dive 44 meters down to the world’s longest river, the Nile.
- Uganda popularly known as the pearl of Africa because of the diversity she gains from her transitional position between the East African savanna, the west African rain-forest and the semi-desert of the north. For the diversity in beauty, Uganda’s national treasures flourish in 10 national parks each having a wonder to express;
- The most powerful waterfall in the face of the earth is in Uganda’s Murchison Falls national park. The waterfall is created by the world’s longest river-Nile river. This is the most creative art that will leave you feeling the worth of your safari in Uganda. The waters squeeze through an 8m gorge cascading 45 meters over the rift valley wall.
- There’s a treasure only found in three African countries and Uganda takes pride in having two national parks with the sought-after mountain gorillas. Bwindi impenetrable national park and Mgahinga gorilla national park are home to more than half of the world’s remaining mountain gorillas.
- The fault block mountain ranges of the Rwenzori’s are the highest mountain ranges of Africa. For a mystical challenge, only the Rwenzori’s will offer that, its not just a hike, it’s a journey to rediscovering your potential as you head towards the skies.
- With almost unnoticed beauty, Kidepo National Park sits within the rugged hills and valleys of north Eastern Uganda with un comparable beauty throughout Africa.
- Queen Elizabeth national park has surprising tree climbing lions along with big wildlife of about 5000 hippos, approximately 2500 elephants and over 10,000 buffaloes!
- The closest representation of man in the wild is found in large numbers at Kibale forest national park with the chimpanzees that total to about 1450.
- Not just the wild but a peaceful wild, Lake Mburo national park is the only place for an exclusive wild walk experience. The undertones of the wild are so calm to have tourists in their home.
- The world’s largest volcanic base 50-80km, with the largest intact caldera covering about 40km2 is located in Eastern Uganda on Mount Elgon. The mountain offers the best hiking experience for those who can’t take up higher adventure challenges of the Rwenzori’s.
- For those who travel for beautiful memories-birders, Semuliki national park is a little version of a bird paradise. Its home to 441 bird species about 34% of Uganda’s total. Uganda as home to the big 5 wildlife animals which are the Buffalos, Rhino, Elephants, Lions and leopards offers un rivaled wildlife safaris.
- For the beauty all round, along with the 10 national parks, Uganda hosts her wild beauties in 12 game reserves and 13 sanctuaries.
For exceptional wildlife encounters, birding safaris, great adventure memories, cultural encounters, the archipelago experience and more, Uganda is the one stop hub for ultimate Africa safari memories.
Most Popular Uganda Safari Tours
The Uganda Adventure Safaris Gorilla Safaris are primarily built on gorilla trekking. Whether Bwindi Impenetrable National Park or Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, the Uganda Adventure Vacation Gorilla Safaris offers you a touch with the critically endangered mountain gorillas like never before. Whether it is your first time or the second time with the gentle giants, the encounter is always unique and exciting. The safaris draw you closer to the one of the Big Apes thriving in the world of which only 880 populations are known to be left in the world. Uganda features a minimum of 400 mountain gorillas in her dense forested habitat of Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. Her destination of Mgahinga is part of the greater Virunga massif which is a home to 480 mountain gorilla populations. The Uganda Gorilla Safaris take a minimum of three (3) days of departing and ending in Kampala but can even go for a day if departing in close places like Kabale, Kanungu and Kisoro. The Uganda gorilla safaris go beyond the mountain gorillas. The travellers can stretch to explore the magical wild game of Queen Elizabeth National Park, Hike the snowcapped Rwenzoris or track Chimpanzees in Kibale Forest.
Explore the Uganda Adventure gorilla Safaris with Prime Uganda Safaris and Tours Ltd.