8 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari & Wildlife Tour
The 8 days Rwanda gorilla wildlife and cultural safari is a blend of various tourism products that are always sought for on Rwanda safari. This Rwanda gorilla safari involves double gorilla trekking in Volcanoes National Park, wild game encounter, boat cruise and sport fishing in Akagera National Park, Historical tour to the Dian Fossey site, cultural tour to the Iby’iwachu cultural village and the nature walk to the twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera. The trip is a perfect blend of gorillas, wildlife and culture thus worth undertaking.
Safari Highlight; 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari, & Wildlife Tour
- Day 1 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Arrive in Kigali
- Day 2 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Drive to Rwanda’s largest National Park – Akagera.
- Day 3 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Carry out game drive & boat cruise or sport fishing.
- Day 4 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Connect to Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda’s Mountain gorilla haven.
- Day 5 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Undertake Gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda
- Day 6 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Hike Dian Fossey site.
- Day 7 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Undertake another gorilla trekking experience.
- Day 8 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Drive back to Kigali city.
A Detailed Itinerary of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla Safari, & Wildlife Tour
Day 1 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Arrive in Kigali
The first day of your 8 days Rwanda Gorilla Wildlife & Cultural safari is reserved for your arrival in Rwanda. You will land at the fanciful Kigali International Airport where you will be welcomed by our friendly guide to brief you about Rwanda and the safari in particular. You will then be transferred to your Hotel for overnight.
Accommodation: Kigali Serena Hotel (Upmarket/Luxury), Hotel chez Lando (Midrange/Standard) or Murugo Rwanda Hotel (Budget/Basic).
Day 2 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Drive to Rwanda’s largest National Park – Akagera.
You will embark on the drive to the Akagera National Park as part of your 8 days Rwanda Gorilla Wildlife and Cultural safari after breakfast at your Hotel. It is 130km great scenic drive about 2.5 hours passing through the amazing farmed hill sides of Rwanda as you draw down the lowered landscapes of Eastern Rwanda widely shaped by Savannah influence. You will arrive early for Lunch and relaxation after which you will embark on an amazing boat cruise on one of the multiple lakes in Akagera and the second largest in Rwanda – Lake Ihema where you will be able to enjoy the amazing sights of water waves, animals that inhabit it including; the Hippos and Nile Crocodiles – the second largest reptile in the world not forgetting the splendid water birds and other wildlife drinking on the Lake side.
Accommodation: Akagera game Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Ruzizi Tented Camp (Midrange/Standard) or Dereva Hotel (Budget/basic).
Day 3 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Carry out game drive & boat cruise or Sport fishing.
You will wake up very early to embark on a game drive so as to spot early risers and night hunters drawing back to their hideouts. You will be able to see herds of wildlife beginning their grazing routine and dawn of the sun on the magnificent Akagera Savannah landscapes. Animals to be spotted include; buffalo, elephant, giraffe, zebra, Impala among others. You will return to the lodge for breakfast and relaxation till Lunch time after which you can either embark on the afternoon boat cruise on Lake Ihema or opt for a sport fishing encounter on Lake Shakani.
Accommodation: You will spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 4 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Connect to Volcanoes National Park – Rwanda’s Mountain gorilla haven.
After breakfast, embark on you drive to Volcanoes National Park via Kigali city 250km about 6 hours’ drive. You will enjoy scenic views en route with stops in Kigali city for lunch and visit to the genocide memorial site at Gisozi. You will continue with your journey and arrive in Ruhengeri in the evening.
Accommodation: Virunga Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Mountains View Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Kinigi Guest House (Budget/Basic).
Day 5 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Undertake Gorilla trekking experience in Rwanda
Start your gorilla trekking activity in Rwanda by taking a cup of coffee early in the morning before gathering at the park Headquarters – Kinigi to catch up with briefing at 08:00am. You will listen to a short briefing from the park warden or the park ranger who will give highlights about the gorilla trekking activity that you are destined to undertake. After briefing, you will head to the forest in search of these endangered mountain gorillas amidst the lush verdant that inhabit the volcanic slopes. It is such a remarkable encounter when you come across the faces of this popular Africa safari offering that are endemic to the Virunga Volcanoes and Bwindi Park in Uganda. One hour is dedicated for you to maximize the experience of your gorilla safari in Rwanda where you will be astonished by the sights of gorillas as they gather all edible food to fill their sack – like stomachs and the tactics of playful young gorillas. Return to the lodge for relaxation and in the evening you will take a nature walk to the Rwanda’s twin lakes of Ruhondo and Burera.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your lodge.
Day 6 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Hike Dian Fossey site.
Wake up for breakfast before embarking on the hike to the Dian Fossey site. The hike involves passing through various vegetation zones and a relatively raised ascend before approaching the site of the leading gorilla conservationist that the world is gifted to have had. Dian Fossey an American Primatologist lays in rest at the site and adjacent is her research station at Karisoke with a lot of collections about Mountain gorillas. You will return for lunch at your lodge and relax for a while after which you will embark on a visit to the Iby’iwachu cultural village where you will have a rich experience of the Kinyarwanda culture demonstrating their rich dance, dressing, cuisine among others.
Accommodation: Have an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 7 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Undertake another gorilla trekking experience.
The additional gorilla trekking on this 8 days Rwanda gorilla safari is incorporated to allow you gather the extra experience about gorillas. The routine is similar to the first gorilla trekking activity however you can opt for a different gorilla family to track. The experience is never the same as the eco system will vary and the group composition is very different thus generating different experiences altogether. The encounter is memorable.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 8 of the 8 Days Rwanda Gorilla & Wildlife Safari: Drive back to Kigali city.
After a very relaxed late breakfast where you will have time to interact with fellow guests and make connections, you will embark on 116km journey over 3 hours’ drive to Kigali city. The drive involves viewing amazing scenery of the a thousand hills en route to Kigali city.
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)