5 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable Park & Kibale Chimps Tour
Overview of the 5 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park & Kibale Chimpanzees Tracking Tour
5 Days Bwindi Gorilla Tour & Kibale Chimps allows you to explore the chimpanzees of Kibale National Park which is also known as the primate capital of the world because of great counts of primates that exist in it. The 5 Day safari also incorporates the gorilla trekking encounter in the impenetrable forest of Bwindi where 400 of 880 mountain gorillas that are currently thriving in the wild thrive. This safari tour is focused of primates and is worth undertaking
Safari Highlights; 5 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps
- Day 1 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Transfer to Kibale National Park
- Day 2 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Do Chimpanzee trekking & Bigodi Wetland encounter.
- Day 3 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 4 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Do gorilla trekking
- Day 5 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Transfer to Kampala.
5 Days Uganda Gorilla Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable Park & Kibale Chimps Tour
Day 1 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Transfer to Kibale National Park
Depart from Kampala after your breakfast at your place of stay for Kibale National Park 358km about 7 hours’ drive. You will drive through the country side landscapes with unique features like Mubende inselbergs, valleys and forested landscapes of Kyegegwa and Kyenjonjo. Continue to Fort portal to visit the Amabere caves and doing the Crater Lake hike where by you will summit Kyeganywa hill to gain impressive views of the neighboring circle of crater lakes and hollows with the snow caped Ruwenzori at a distance. Retire for overnight.
Accommodation: Primate Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Chimpanzee Guesthouse (Midrange/standard) or Rwenzori View Guesthouse (Budget/Basic)
Day 2 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Do Chimpanzee trekking & Bigodi Wetland encounter.
After breakfast, gather at Kanyanchu tourism center for briefing at 08:00am from the park rangers about the Chimp trekking conduct. Set off to this forest of Kibale after the short briefing in quest of Chimpanzees. The 2 – 5 hour trek will expose you amazing tree species and wildlife including other 12 species of primates like Colobus monkeys, vervet monkeys, Red tailed monkeys and olive baboons. The sights of Birds cannot be avoided while their songs will offer you natural entertainment through the jungle. You will marvel at the Chimpanzees as the roll themselves on tree branches, munch fruits and make their pant – hooting calls. After utilizing your one hour, you will return to the starting point for relaxation and preparing for another activity. In the afternoon, you will visit the Bigodi wetland to encounter the swamp animals like Sitatunga and birds like Ruwenzori Turaco and an encounter with local people including the traditional healer.
Accommodation: You will have dinner and overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 3 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park 280km approximately 7 hours’ drive. You will enjoy the scenic drive along the towering mountains of the moon – the Rwenzoris, the savannah landscapes of Queen Elizabeth National Park and a range of wildlife that may position themselves along the route through the park. Arrive in Bwindi in the afternoon for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Gorilla Forest Camp (Upmarket/Luxury), Silverback Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Buhoma Community Rest Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 4 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Do gorilla trekking
Wake up very early to take breakfast before gathering for briefing and eventual gorilla trekking at the Park Headquarters in Buhoma. After short briefing, you will set off to the Impenetrable forest of Bwindi, very thick and sometimes hard to penetrate as its name suggest. Trekking gorillas in Bwindi- Uganda is quite challenging as it involves rugged terrain shaped by valleys and steep slopes. The jungle is very lively with rich forest sounds. It ranges between 2 – 8 hours’ to undertake the gorilla trekking activity. You have one hour encounter with gorillas which will lure you into irreversible excitement of gazing at these great apes as they imitate what you do, young ones playing on ground and in tree branches, the sight of the giant silverback and the way they feed all combine to exhaust the capacity of your camera film. You will return to the lodge for relaxation. In the evening you can opt for a community walk to the Bakiga people or the Batwa community that surround the park.
Accommodation:You will spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 5 of the 5 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable National Park Gorilla Safari & Kibale Chimps: Transfer to Kampala.
After breakfast, embark on the transfer to Kampala 527km about 10 hours’ drive. The drive through the farmed landscapes of south western Uganda and undulating hills is interesting. You will have a lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center 12km past Mbarara town and if time permits, you can make a stop at the equator for impressive water experiments that justifies the geographical divide between the south and northern hemispheres. You will arrive in Kampala in the evening.
End of Safari
Your Safari Route (Blue route)/ Alternative Route (Gery Route)
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Travel by Air
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Gx
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Extended for Hire:
4×4 Safari Van for Hire
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162, Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380. Email; firstname.lastname@example.org Or info@email@example.com
The 18 Days Uganda Comprehensive Safari is an all round encounter of Uganda offering any Uganda Safari undertaker a complete experience of the Pearl of Africa. Read More
The 6 Days Uganda Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Wildlife Safari is a diverse safari package that allows you explore the two of the world’s giant apes and the Big four of the Big five Land Animals in their natural habitats. Read More