4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Tour
Overview of the 4 Days Uganda Gorilla Trekking Safari to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park
4 Days Bwindi Gorilla Safari and Mburo involves encounters in the savannah park of Lake Mburo with its splendid Lake Mburo which offers an impressive boat ride, a range of wildlife including buffaloes, leopards, zebras, elands, topis, Impala, waterbucks and warthogs among others not forgetting amazing scenic landscape. The stretch to the south western gorilla trekking safari destination of Bwindi Impenetrable national Park is very amazing. The hilly forested landscape coupled with the encounter with the world’s critically endangered mountain gorillas make this package worth undertaking.
Safari Highlight; 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Gorilla Safari & Mburo
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park & do an afternoon boat ride
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do a morning game drive & transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do gorilla trekking
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Transfer back to Kampala
Day 1 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Transfer to Lake Mburo National Park & do an afternoon boat ride
Transfer from your place of abode in Kampala after breakfast heading to the south west of Uganda 240km about 3 – 4 hours’ drive to Lake Mburo National Park. You will make a stop at the equator crossing – Kayabwe for amazing water experiment to justify the geographical divide between the north and southern hemispheres. Continue on the drive to Lake Mburo where by you will arrive early for lunch after which you will embark on a recreational boat encounter on Lake Mburo which is the only lake on Uganda that is fully within the national Park boundaries. The boat allows you to explore the aquatic animals like Hippos and birds that thrive around the water environs like the African fish eagle and King fishers. The sights of other wild game drinking on the lake side may not be missed.
Accommodation: Mihingo Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Arcadia Cottages (Midrange/Standard) or Eagles Nest (Budget/Basic).
Day 2 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do a morning game drive & transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park
Wake up early in the morning for a game drive through the designated park tracks like the zebra track, Ruroko track, lake side track among others to have chances of exploring a range of wild life like zebras, elands, buffaloes, topis, Impala, warthogs, Leopard, oribis, defassa water buck, bush buck not forgetting bohor reedbuck. The encounter could also expose you to sitatunga antelope in the swamp areas, Klipspringer in the rock out crops, olive baboon and vervet monkeys in the dense thicket continue to mark the park. Return from this 3 – 4 hour activity and embark on the transfer to Bwindi Impenetrable National Park. You will drive through Mbarara town and along the farmed landscapes of south western Uganda including the scenic Kigezi highlands. Arrive in the evening for relaxation and overnight.
Accommodation: Chameleon Hill Lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), Gorilla Valley Lodge (Midrange/Standard) or Wagtail Eco-Safari Camp (Budget/Basic).
Day 3 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do gorilla trekking
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Park Headquarters at Rushaga for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This gives highlights about the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. Your one hour with gorillas is done and return to the lodge for relaxation.
Accommodation: You will have dinner and overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 4 of the 4 Days Uganda Bwindi Impenetrable Forest & Lake Mburo National Park Gorilla Trekking Safari: Transfer back to Kampala
After breakfast, embark on the transfer back to Kampala with a lunch stop at Igongo Cultural Center 12km from Mbarara town.
End of safari:
Your Safari Route (Blue Route)
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Travel by Air
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Gx
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Extended for Hire:
4×4 Safari Van for Hire
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162, Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380. Email; email@example.com Or info@firstname.lastname@example.org
The 18 Days Uganda Comprehensive Safari is an all round encounter of Uganda offering any Uganda Safari undertaker a complete experience of the Pearl of Africa. Read More
The 6 Days Uganda Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Wildlife Safari is a diverse safari package that allows you explore the two of the world’s giant apes and the Big four of the Big five Land Animals in their natural habitats. Read More