5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour
Overview of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour
The 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour offers you an opportunity to experience the primates of East Arica and Rwanda in particular. The encounter with Chimpanzees and colobus monkeys will generate great memories for you. The raised Nyungwe canopy walk is a hilarious activity that you can ever have. It allows you to view top of the trees, primates and birds in the higher tree branches and amazing scenic views cannot be avoided. The en route stops at the Genocide sites at Nyanza, the King’s palace and the art gallery at Rwesero brings out the true heritage of Rwanda which is all combined on this 5 days Chimpanzee trekking in Rwanda.
Safari highlight; 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour
- Day 1 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Do Kigali city tour.
- Day 2 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park
- Day 3 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Carry out Chimp trekking experience
- Day 4 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Do Colobus monkey tracking & canopy walk
- Day 5 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Drive back to Kigali city.
A Detailed Itinerary of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour
Day 1 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Do Kigali city tour.
After your breakfast, embark on Kigali city tour to mark the beginning of your 5 day Chimp trekking safari in Rwanda. On this city tour, you have a lot to enjoy ranging from the sorrowful Gisozi Genocide memorial site to the Presidential Palace which belonged to the former president Juvenal Habyarimana where you will also be able to see the remains of the FALCON 50 presidential plane that was brought down on 6th April 1994. You will also encounter the amazing Kigali suburbs including down town Kigali and Hotel des Mille Collines – the site for the Movie Hotel Rwanda.
Accommodation: Kigali Serena Hotel (Luxury/upmarket), Hotel Chez Lando (Midrange/standard) or Murugo Rwanda Hostel (Budget/basic).
Day 2 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Drive to Nyungwe Forest National Park
After breakfast, embark on your 5 days Chimpanzee trekking safari by driving to Nyungwe Forest National Park – the home of chimpanzees in Rwanda. It is 268km about 6 hours’ drive from Kigali city. Driving to Nyungwe is not a mere journey but rather an amazing encounter in its self as you will come across great sights of Rwandan hills, make stop en route in Butare to visit the Nyanza Palace – the residence of the Kings of Rwanda, Butare National Museum featuring rich ethnography of Rwanda and Nyanza memorial site. Have Lunch en route and continue to arrive in Nyungwe Forest National Park in the afternoon.
Accommodation: Nyungwe Forest Lodge (Upmarket/luxury), Nyungwe Hill Top Hotel (Midrange/standard) or Gisakura Guest House (Budget/Basic).
Day 3 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Carry out Chimp trekking experience
Wake up for an early morning cup of coffee before embarking on Chimp trekking experience at 08:00am in the Forest of Nyungwe – Rwanda. The experience is quite rewarding as you see Chimps roll down the tree branches; munching fruits, young ones playing amidst their amazing sounds. Their playful and food gathering tactics will leave you in a state of marvel prompting you to fill your camera with amazing photos.
Accommodation: You will spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 4 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Do Colobus monkey tracking & canopy walk
Wake up for an early cup of tea before embarking on the colobus monkey tracking to encounter one of the most treasured primates with amazing body adornment. Their black and white skin is one of those rare things that you will ever have. Enjoy the versatile form of these colobus monkeys allowing you to view for some prolonged time as they do not move so fast. Interestingly, Nyungwe has the largest grouping of colobus monkeys n the whole African continent about 400 members. Return to the Lodge for relaxation and Lunch. In the afternoon, embark on the Nyungwe Forest canopy walk, the third of its kind in Africa and the First of its kind in East Africa. The 90m long and 50m tall walking platform offers rewarding views of animals, birds, butterfly and great flora.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your lodge.
Day 5 of the 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour: Drive back to Kigali city.
After your relaxed late breakfast, you will embark on the drive back to Kigali to mark the end of your 5 days Chimpanzee trekking encounter. You can visit the Art gallery at Rwesero and continue with your journey to Kigali city.
End of safari: 5 Days Rwanda Chimpanzee Safari Rwanda chimp tour
Your Safari route
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Travel by Air
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Gx
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Extended for Hire:
4×4 Safari Van for Hire
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162, Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380 Email; firstname.lastname@example.org Or info@email@example.com
The 18 Days Uganda Comprehensive Safari is an all round encounter of Uganda offering any Uganda Safari undertaker a complete experience of the Pearl of Africa. Read More
The 6 Days Uganda Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Wildlife Safari is a diverse safari package that allows you explore the two of the world’s giant apes and the Big four of the Big five Land Animals in their natural habitats. Read More