4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari
Overview of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla trekking Safari
The 4 days double gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda is perfect tour to reward you with adequate memories of gorilla trekking in Rwanda. Trekking gorillas in the mist is one of those activities that you will never have outside Africa and coming across Mountain gorillas is one of those that you will never have outside Virunga Area where Volcanoes National Park is a component. You have the option of trekking two gorilla families or track the same gorilla family. The incorporation of nature walks to the twin lakes, cultural tour to Iby’ iwachu cultural village, hiking Dian Fossey center and the a stop at the Sina Gerald ecotourism project en route to Kigali is intended to help you surpass the value for your money and the expectations of this gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda.
Safari Highlights; 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari
- Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Drive to Volcanoes National Park.
- Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do first gorilla trekking encounter
- Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do second gorilla trekking encounter
- Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Drive back to Kigali city.
A Detailed Itinerary of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari
Day 1 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Drive to Volcanoes National Park.
Start on your 4 days double gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda by transferring to Volcanoes National Park 116km about 3 hours’ drive. It is such amazing drive through the lush country side and the activities of the local people that has shaped the landscapes of Rwanda for centuries past. You will arrive early for lunch and relaxation. In the evening, you will take a nature walk to the twin lakes of Burera and Ruhondo.
Accommodation: Virunga lodge (Upmarket/Luxury), La Palme Hotel (Midrange/standard) or Kinigi Guest House (Budget/Basic).
Day 2 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do first gorilla trekking encounter
Wake up for an early cup of coffee, before gathering at Kinigi Park Headquarters for briefing about the gorilla trekking activity at 08:00am always conducted by park rangers. This gives highlights about the dos and don’ts while trekking gorillas. After briefing, you will traverse the jungle in search of the splendid mountain gorillas in the company of the park ranger guide which stretches between 2 – 8 hours. You will walk through the luxuriant vegetation, climb raised gradients, ascend down the valleys before you encounter the great mountain gorillas as they munch their food and get astonished by the young gorillas playing and demonstrating their tactics which will prompt you to use up your camera space unknowingly. Your one hour with gorillas is done and return to the lodge for relaxation. You will embark on a cultural tour to the Iby’iwachu cultural village to explore into the Kinyarwanda culture in the evening.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 3 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Do second gorilla trekking encounter
The additional gorilla trekking on this 4 days double gorilla trekking safari in Rwanda is incorporated to allow you gather the extra experience about gorillas. The routine is similar to the first gorilla trekking activity however you can opt for a different gorilla family to track. The experience is never the same as the eco system will vary and the group composition is very different thus generating different experiences altogether. The encounter is memorable. In the afternoon if time permits, you can hike to the Dian Fossey center to pay tribute to this leading gorilla conservationist that the world has ever had. Her tomb lies adjacent to that of Digit – her most loved Silverback. The Karisoke research station also has a lot to offer about gorillas.
Accommodation: Spend an overnight at your previous lodge.
Day 4 of the 4 Days Rwanda Double Gorilla Trekking Safari: Drive back to Kigali city.
After a relaxed breakfast, embark on 116km journey about 3 hours’ drive to Kigali city. You can stop en route to visit the Sina Gerald eco-tourism project at Nyirangarama. You will arrive in Kigali in the afternoon to do some shopping or prepare for your departure.
End of safari.
Your Safari route
Transport Means to Your Safari Destinations
Travel by Air
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Gx
4×4 Safari Land cruiser – Extended for Hire:
4×4 Safari Van for Hire
General Safari Inclusions
- Gorilla Permit (for gorilla trekking safaris)
- Chimpanzee Permit (for chimpanzee trekking safaris)
- Full Board Accommodation on Safari
- Transportation in either 4X4 Safari Van or 4X4 Safari Land Cruiser all with Pop up roof & AC
- Professional English Speaking driver guide. Any other foreign language speaking guide can be arranged on request.
- Entrance fees to the tourist sites including Protected areas mentioned
- Activity fees of the tourist activities mentioned
- Bottled water while on safari
- Border crossing fees (for cross border safaris)
General Safari Exclusions
- General tips for the driver guide, site guides and service staff at the lodges
- Laundry Services
- Other Beverages / drinks of personal nature like Alcohol
- International Flights (Arranged on request)
- Domestic Flights (Arranged on request)
- Optional Activity fees
- Other extras not mentioned in the Itinerary
- Airport Transfer (Arranged on request)
- Accommodation in Kampala or Kigali unless it is part of the Itinerary (Arranged on request)
Tel; +256-414532162, Mob; +256-773912891 / +256-702181380 Email; firstname.lastname@example.org Or info@email@example.com
The 18 Days Uganda Comprehensive Safari is an all round encounter of Uganda offering any Uganda Safari undertaker a complete experience of the Pearl of Africa. Read More
The 6 Days Uganda Gorilla, Chimpanzee & Wildlife Safari is a diverse safari package that allows you explore the two of the world’s giant apes and the Big four of the Big five Land Animals in their natural habitats. Read More